Welcome readers...

Blog ini lahir di dunia cyber di awal musim Autumn di negeri 'down under' (a.k.a. Australia) pada tanggal 1 Maret 2012 . Blog ini lahir dari kerinduan hati yang Tuhan kasih ke aku untuk share to others; I am longing to have a life that others could 'taste' from the 'fruit' that I bear (hidup yang dapat dinikmati oleh orang lain, tidak hanya untuk diriku sendiri). I am really hoping and praying that each sharing yang dishare bisa jadi berkat untuk orang-orang yang telah Tuhan tempatkan di sekitarku (di mana pun mereka berada).

At last, I only wanna say that I am blessed to be a blessing...

Tuesday 17 April 2012

He does answer prayer

Today, I stayed at home all day, so I decided to listen to my pastor's sermon (Ps. Daniel Prajogo) while I was sorting photos for my assignments, and God amazed me once again...

God does confirm to me about questions that I have on my mind a month ago (I shared my thoughts with my friends when I went to Melbourne), these questions popped out in my mind after I heard a sermon from the same pastor about 'born again'. In his sermon, he emphasized that it is grace of God if you and I could believe in God today, because He was the one who opened our eyes. He gave an example from one of the criminal who was crucified next to Jesus, one of them could 'see' Jesus as a King (Luke 23:41-42), how so? We might not be able to answer this, and we only could seek answer from God alone, and believe it must be God's work in him. As John 16:8 stated that the Holy Spirit is the one who convicts our heart, therefore no matter how wicked a man is, the Holy Spirit could change heart.

The next day, I was pondering about this and the verses on Romans 9:15-23
15 For God said to Moses,
“I will show mercy to anyone I choose,
    and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.”
16 So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it.
17 For the Scriptures say that God told Pharaoh, “I have appointed you for the very purpose of displaying my power in you and to spread my fame throughout the earth.”[j] 18 So you see, God chooses to show mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they refuse to listen.
19 Well then, you might say, “Why does God blame people for not responding? Haven’t they simply done what he makes them do?”
20 No, don’t say that. Who are you, a mere human being, to argue with God? Should the thing that was created say to the one who created it, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 When a potter makes jars out of clay, doesn’t he have a right to use the same lump of clay to make one jar for decoration and another to throw garbage into? 22 In the same way, even though God has the right to show his anger and his power, he is very patient with those on whom his anger falls, who are destined for destruction. 23 He does this to make the riches of his glory shine even brighter on those to whom he shows mercy, who were prepared in advance for glory.
From these 2 parts of the bible, I was kinda wondering if some people already 'predestined' by God to have their heart hardened like Pharaoh, and suddenly I refer this 'Pharaoh' to my parents. I was thinking if they were 'Pharaoh' then it would be a mission impossible for them to receive salvation from God. If it's impossible, then should I still bother about their salvation. I should admit that I was nearly gave up on them, but one of my friend encouraged me not to give up just yet, as you will not know the end result, and he even suggested me to keep praying to God and have hope in Him. I was strengthened and God reminded me about the verse from Acts 16:31
“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
I was a bit relieved and not thinking about it anymore, and continue to keep praying for them everyday.

And today from the sermon, Ps. Daniel reminded me once again there is not any stubborn hearts or minds that God cannot change, for He is able. When you and I say that  there is no hope for that person(s) to repent; it is indirectly saying that it is impossible for God, and when we said so it means we shut the door and opportunities for the Lord to work in their life. God doesn't ask us to be 'responsible' for their salvation, as salvation belongs to the Lord (Psalm 3:8), what He requires us to do is to be His messenger in this world.  Use every opportunities that available to introduce God to the unbelievers (including my parents); do our own part as His messenger, and let God do the rest of it. As for faith comes from hearing the word of God (Romans 10:17), how they would have faith if the word of God never been preached or introduced to them?
In addition, from this message, I got another confirmation from God about the theme of this blog ''seeds of life"; whatever seeds that we sow, will never be in vain (Isaiah 55:11), we may not know when it grows, but keep believing that in God's timing it will grow.


Therefore, dont give up just yet, if God could change wicked heart of Niniwe to a repentance heart (Jonah 3), then I must believe that He also could change people's heart. Keep asking God for His mercy...His heart is longing for everyone of us to believe in Him.
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[e] just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.” (Romans 1:16-17)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  (John 3:16)

"The church of our Lord Jesus Christ is not a pleasure boat, but a life boat for saving souls... ...and every hand is needed on deck." (Reinhard Bonnke)



Sola gratia,
Ingrid

No comments:

Post a Comment